Saturday, July 21, 2012

OUR "MINI" VACATION

Well, our vacation did not go quite as planned this year. Terry hurt his back, and we ended up coming home four days early. The first two days were fantastic, however! The first day we went to the beach the waves were really big which is the way the kids love it.





Michael and Josh had a blast in the waves!




We got to eat at one of our favorite restaurants, Floyd's.  They have the best boiled and fried shrimp ever!




I always get the grilled mahi-mahi sandwich...so yummy!!

We always eat outside because of the amazing view.



The last day we were on the beach we got to witness a wedding on the beach.  In all the years we have been going to Destin, this was the first time we have seen wedding on the beach. 







The third morning we were there, Terry woke up with severe back pain.  He stayed in bed for a couple of days, and we finally decided to come home and take a few days off later in the year.  I guess that's what you get when you think you can get beat up and knocked over by waves at our age!  I knew better than to get out in them! 

I realized after we got home that I really don't have many pictures of the family...just a few on the beach, and I would get in trouble if I posted them!

We took little Bentley with us and boarded him there.  We did get him a few times for visits.

He has never stayed in a kennel.  I guess he didn't think we were going to come back, and he was truly traumatized by it all.  After we got back home, he got very sick...I won't go into the gory details, but very scary.  We took him to the vet who felt he had stress-related hemorrhagic gastritis (wow!).  They gave him IV fluids and medication.  He seems to be getting better now.

So, no, this wasn't exactly the relaxed vacation I had envisioned having, but at the end of the day we have each other, God gave us a few wonderful days together, and we are truly blessed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment