Thursday, June 28, 2012

TERRY'S BIRTHDAY

Terry's birthday was Tuesday.  Terry, Valierie and I went to Chop House for lunch.  They have really good salads.  Terry got a steak salad, Valierie got the salmon salad (which was awesome!), and I got prime rib vegetable soup.  We went back to the office where they had a birthday party for all of the people who had birthdays in June.  Terry and Bro. Burks had June birthdays:



They had chocolate and coconut cakes but also had sugar-free ice cream for Terry to balance things out!

That night, our family went to Outback to celebrate Terry's birthday.  We were a little disappointed in our meals.  Their steaks did not seem to be the quality that they used to be.  But, our time together was great!



Rachel gave him a framed picture that was taken of them on Father's Day.  I am sure it will be displayed in his office somewhere.




So, now for six months Terry is a year older than me! 

My cherry tomatoes are finally coming in pretty good.  The leaves are really looking bad, though.  I don't know if that is normal or not.


But the tomatoes are beautiful!


Rachel has been giving me lots of squash.  Since I had some tomatoes I sauteed squash and cabbage, added a few tomatoes, seasoned it with garlic and seasoning salt, and served it over noodles with parmesan cheese on top.  Definitely not a Terry kind of meal, but he wasn't home and it's just my kind of dish.


I've been a picture-taking mood lately, so a few more pics of Bentley:



I am loving summer!!  How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment