Monday, June 11, 2012

GARDENING

I planned to have a raised bed garden this year.  I bought two 4x4 ones that you put together, and I was going to join them and have an 8x4 garden.  Well, we have been so busy that it never got put together.  So, instead I planted my green pepper plants and tomato plants on the side of the house.  I bought bigger plants and some small ones as well.  This is them about a week or so after I planted them: 

I know...pretty puny. 

I actually got the idea of a raised bed garden from Rachel.  Josh built her a nice raised bed.  I went to her house the other day, and this is her garden:



I had to really try hard not to be envious of her garden...it looks SO good!  Anyway, we actually picked green peppers, yellow squash, zuchinni, tomatoes and lettuce from her garden the day I was there and had a salad made from everything out of her garden.  It was SO good!

But, now a few later, this is how my garden looks:

  
I know it's not as pretty as Rachel's garden, but I am very excited about it! 

I actually have tomatoes now...
And green peppers....

And although I haven't been able to pick any yet, I know it won't be long and I can.  So, I am thankful for my little garden.  I check it about four or five times a day...I love going out there and just looking at it!!

Next year, I plan to have my raised bed assembled and ready early so I can have a bigger and better garden. 

By the way, I also have a basil plant on my deck, and I HAVE used some of it:


HAPPY GARDENING!!

No comments:

Post a Comment