Wednesday, April 25, 2012

MY LATEST PROJECT

I bought some chairs for my front porch a few years back.  Over time, the cushions have totally faded.  I thought about trying to re-cover them but after pricing the material decided I could buy new cushions for that.  I thought about trying to dye them, but there was no opening to get the cushions out without cutting them apart.   So, I found this in my garage:


Took these:


And did this:


And look at them now:





I know this is not the conventional way of doing things, but I'm not known for doing things the conventional way.  I saw on someone's blog where they painted their sofa, and I did think that was a little weird.  Now, I would never paint my sofa, because it would be pretty stiff and crackly when you sat on it.  But, we never sit in these chairs; we always sit on the deck out back.  So, yes, they are a little stiff, but they look good from the road!  And, better yet, it didn't cost me a thing!!

4 comments:

  1. Love love love!!! Great idea and looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks fabulous. I would've never guessed they were painted!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, everybody!! I love DIY'ing...it's so much more fun!!!

    ReplyDelete