Monday, April 23, 2012

Sweetness...times three

Terry and I were thrilled when Pastor Mike and Stephanie Burnette asked us to do the dedication ceremony for the newest addition to their family, Halle Ruth.  They are such a beautiful little family in every way.


Big sisters Lucy and Julia.  I love the way they are holding hands!

This is always my favorite part...when Terry asks me to hold the baby!!

Mommy, Halle and proud grandparents.






Isn't she precious?

As a bonus, we got to hear pastor Mike's sermon.  It was the last of a series about the "prodigal".  We always associate the word "prodigal" as being negative, but he brought out that the word prodigal actually means "lavish, extravagant" spending and that "if we are to be Christ followers, we must become more prodigal".  As he said, we are all lavish, extravagant and excessive on something and spend 100% of our lives on something, and our highest ambition must be to spend our lives on the kingdom of God and not on us.  It really made me examine how I use the 168 hours God has allotted me each week, and I must say that I had to repent because I waste so much time on insignificant things.  I want to want to be wrecklessly and extravagantly devoted to the Kingdom of God!!

All in all, it was a perfect day in every way.  Congratulations, Mike and Stephanie!!


No comments:

Post a Comment