Tuesday, June 14, 2011

TABLE AND CHAIRS MAKEOVER



Our neighborhood has two neighborhood garage sales, one in the spring and one in the fall. They are huge! There are probably at least 75 homes participating. I had an old antique table and chairs in my kitchen that Terry just hated. So, I found one at a house down the street from my house. I did not like the color or finish, but it was real heavy and sturdy, and the price was right, so I bought it and decided to refinish it myself.

I pulled out my DeWalt sander that I got for Mother's Day (it's okay...it's what I asked for.  I love tools!!)

 




The chair on the left I had sanded. 





And here is the finished result.  I stained and sealed the table top and chair seats and painted the legs and chairs with a very light green paint that I got off the "Oops" shelf at Lowe's. 
 



SO, Mr. DeWalt, if you happen to see this.  Since I have given you some free advertisement, you could send me one of these:





1 comment: