Sunday, April 11, 2010

Easter. Joyce Meyer Conference and a little tidbit

Since it has been a few weeks since I've posted anything, I thought I would just catch up all at once.  Starting off with Easter, after church we went over to Josh (our son-in-law) grandmother's house for lunc.  Rachel and Josh have been married 1-1/2 years.  I'm so happy they have to stress over whose house they will be at on holidays.  Since they met at church, we were already friends, and now we're family.  It's great.  Here's the three of us.  Terry says his goal in life is to please God and keep Rachel and me happy!  I think he does agood job at both.


 Josh is not really fond of having his picture taken, but he did put the newspaper down long enough for a quick shot.
Who says you have to a kid to enjoy bubbles?
This past weekend, Rachel and I went to Chattanooga to a Joyce Meyer convention. IIt was GREAT! One service she talked about simplifying our lives. Sometimes we bog ourselves down in so much "busyness" (is that a word?) that we don't leave room for God. She talked about getting rid of things that clutter our lives. Wow, did I ever need that! Both of us bought her new devotional book, "Hearing From God Each Morning". I can't wait to start it in the morning. There's something about having time alone with God the first thing in the morning. Some days I don't have time for a long devotion, and I am guilty of just skipping it sometimes. But, really, God isn't timing how long we pray or read the Bible. He just wants us to talk to Him and make Him a part of our everyday lives. I've found that just reading a few verses and inviting God to be a part of my day makes the rest of the day go so much smoother. I made a commitment this weekend to try to do better in that area of my life.  Here we are at the services.
  
Amazingly, with all the thousands of people there, we saw the lady who owns the shop that Rachel used to work at before she opened her own shop.
After we left the conference, we went to Sticky Fingers to eat.  They have amazing barbeque!!
I did manage to sneak in a few garage sales over the past couple of weeks. There was a big neighborhood sale not far from where we live. I was so excited about going, and when I got up the next morning it was raining! I decided to go anyway. It was so messy, and I really didn't find much. But, I did come across a HUGE chandelier at one sale. I asked the man if I could take a picture of "the biggest chandelier in the world", and he offered to take the picture with me in it. I don't think the picture even does it justice. It literally almost came up to my shoulder! And, no, I didn't buy it!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment